Add human rights to your annual Pride Winnipeg celebrations!
Canadian Museum for Human Rights
This 90-minute tour focuses on the stories of people of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities. Learn about human rights activists such as Harvey Milk, Arsham Parsi and Gareth Henry.
During the tour, you’ll explore:
- Indigenous concepts of gender identity,
- the legalization of same-sex marriage in Canada,
- issues faced by transgender people in Canada,
- rights found in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms,
- persecution of homosexuals in Nazi Germany.
The cost of this special tour is $5. If you would like to visit the galleries before or after your tour, additional admission charges will apply.
The tour will begin and end in Bonnie & John Buhler Hall.
This program is subject to change or cancellation without notice.