Join us for a special guided tour focused on LGBTTQ* rights in Canada as we celebrate the annual Pride Winnipeg Festival.
CMHR, Bonnie & John Buhler Hall, Level 1
This 60-minute tour will stop at exhibits throughout the Museum that focus on stories about the rights of people with diverse sexual orientations and gender identities in Canada and around the world.
This tour will highlight:
- Indigenous concepts of gender identity;
- the legalization of same-sex marriage in Canada;
- issues faced by transgender people in Canada;
- the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms; and
- the persecution of homosexuals in Nazi Germany.
Human rights activists Harvey Milk, Arsham Parsi and Michelle Josef will also have their stories highlighted in the tour.
This tour will begin and end in Bonnie & John Buhler Hall near the Museum entrance.
Tickets can be purchased online as a $5 add-on to your Museum admission. To participate in only the tour, without visiting the galleries, $5 tickets can be purchased at the Museum ticketing desk or by calling 204–289-2000.
This program is subject to change or cancellation without notice.