The Museum is committed to bringing people together to explore human rights, in Canada, and around the world. We invite you to help us create an environment that promotes the awareness and advancement of human rights and that is safe for everyone.
We are committed to maintaining our digital presence and social media platforms as respectful forums for discussion and dialogue. Dialogue occurs through a respectful exchange of ideas and an openness to understanding someone else’s point of view. It’s about making an effort to be understood, while at the same time making an effort to listen, inquire and learn.
Our code of conduct for digital commenting and conversation calls on participants to:
- stay on topic
- respect the rights, differences and opinions of others
- treat others the way you wish to be treated
- scrutinize ideas, not the people putting them forward
Please be advised that if you violate this code of conduct, we will remove your post. Repeated violations may result in you being blocked from the Museum’s digital properties and social media platforms.
Thank you for participating in these conversations. We may reproduce the best social media comments on another platform, such as our website.
We look forward to hearing from you!
What kinds of comments will be removed?
- Personal attacks: Attacks against other commenters will be removed. Abusive or threating posts will not be tolerated.
- Discrimination: Targeting a group of people or posting generalizations about groups of people based on attributes such as race, ethnicity, country of origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity is not allowed.
- Offensive language: Posts that contain expletives or offensive, inflammatory language will be removed.
- Spam: Posts that are repetitive, promote a product or service, advertise or promote a political party or candidate, or have no relevance to the topic being discussed will be removed. Do not post multiple messages that say the same thing.
- Illegal activities: Posts that are unlawful, harassing, libelous, obscene, false, misrepresentative, pornographic or that infringe on the rights of a third party will be removed.