Join Alliance Française for Night of Ideas, an evening of thought‐provoking conversation with guest experts, curators and artists. Centering around the global trends of acceleration, accumulation and exploitation, this year’s theme is “More?”.
Started in France in 2016 by Institut français, this annual event connects creative people from across the world around art and culture.
This year’s event will feature two panel discussions:
Panel and performance schedule
5:30 – 6:45 p.m. Immigration and Climate Change
- Dr. Myrle Ballard, University of Manitoba
- Brett Hudson, Gitxsan Author, Knowledge Keeper and Artist
- Karina Cardona, Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment
7:00 – 8:15 p.m. Sustainable vs Optimized Agriculture
- Dr. Martin Scanlon, University of Manitoba
- Dr. Phil Ferguson, University of Manitoba
- Bruce Hardy, Indigenous scholar and Myera Group founder
- Jacqueline Keena, Enterprise Machine Intelligence & Learning Initiative
8:25 – 9:25 p.m. Live set by Glassreel
A meeting of breathy arrangements and atmospheric guitars, Winnipeg pop group Glassreel is a collaboration between Kelly Beaton and Trevor Graumann. Joined by the rhythm section of Ken Phillips and Andrew Workman, the band’s music has been compared to artists such as Belle and Sebastian and Mazzy Star. Glassreel’s full‐length debut Lustre was released on September 30, 2022.
This evening is also a great chance to get together and explore the Museum, share a meal and drinks at Boreal Bistro, and browse through the Boutique