We all have a role to play in creating an anti‐racist society. During the Pass the Mic: Let’s Talk About Racism program, students will consider their relationship with racism and, in turn, learn about how to be anti‐racist. They will learn about bias, microaggressions, intersectionality, identity and allyship, and making all spaces safe for their marginalized peers. Finally, they will challenge themselves to take a stand for anti‐racism in their communities.
- We all have a role to play in creating an anti‐racist society.
- We all have an identity made up of multiple components.
- People from racialized communities have different lived experiences and need to be given space to speak about their story.
- Acceptance and allyship are key elements of anti‐racism.
- We all have the ability to learn about micro‐aggressions and bias and to unlearn or call out harmful behaviours.