Terms and Conditions
- Memberships are non-refundable
- Membership cards are non-transferable, with the exception of those given to Corporate members
- The Museum may ask for identification to confirm eligibility for those membership categories that are restricted by the age of the member
- The membership card must be presented and scanned to receive member benefits. If members visit without their cards, they may be required to provide valid proof of identification before a secondary membership card is issued.
- Member benefits (free admission and program discounts) are not valid in conjunction with school or group tours
- A membership may not cover entry fees to certain special events or ticketed exhibitions
- The Museum reserves the right to change membership prices and benefits
- A membership may be suspended or canceled if the member’s activity or behaviour is deemed a misuse of membership
Membership Date Details
Memberships are valid from the date of purchase, to the last day of the twelfth month from purchase. (Example: Purchase date is November 15, 2014. Membership expires November 30, 2015.)
Memberships renewed before their current expiry date will be valid from the first day after the current expiry date (Example: Current expiry is September 30, 2015. Renewal is processed on September 20, 2015. The renewed membership will begin on October 1, 2015 and will expire on September 30, 2016)
The gift membership is valid from the date the gift card is redeemed to the last day of the twelfth month after that date. (Example: A gift membership is purchased via a CMHR Gift Card on December 15, 2014. CMHR Gift Card is redeemed for a membership on February 3, 2015. Membership expires on February 29, 2016.)
In administering the membership program, the Canadian Museum for Human Rights (CMHR) generally collects the following information: the name(s), address (post and electronic), telephone number, payment information and purchasing activities of CMHR members.
We will use your personal information for the following purposes: to process payment for membership purchases and to maintain a record of members, their preferences and special interests for Museum-related programs and activities. Members will receive event invitations, bulletins, newsletters, announcements and other electronic communications from the CMHR but may opt-out at any time.
For more information on the Museum’s online privacy practices, please see the Museum Privacy Statement.