Free NFB film screenings to spark conversations about human rights
Rendez‐vous de la francophonie 2021
This event has passed.
Tags for Explorations (L’envol)
In March, we celebrate Francophonie with acclaimed thought‐provoking and fun films for all ages.
The 23rd edition of the annual Rendez‐vous de la Francophonie celebrates the rich French‐language culture of Acadia with quality works that make some noise or “warwarie” in Acadian French!
Watch them all from the comfort of your home and have a conversation with friends and family about the themes and topics that matter to you. Follow the guiding questions at the end of each program description.
Most of these French‐language films are presented with English subtitles.
General public, ages 3–7
Kids discover new places and explore the world!
In The Peep Show and Peep and the Big Wide World, a chick, lacking a mother hen for guidance, is forced to learn everything for himself. Peep ultimately finds his place in the universe and sets off to conquer the world with his friends.
In Tchou-tchou, a girl and a boy built a whole city with lots of cubes, cylinders, cones and their imagination. When a dragon appears to upset their world of blocks, they employ a variety of tricks to turn their enemy into their best ally.
- Les aventures de Piou-Piou (The Peep Show), Kaj Pindal, 1962, 9 mins.
- Pit et le vaste monde (Peep and the Big Wide World), Kaj Pindal, 1989, 34 mins.
- Tchou-tchou, Co Hoedeman, 1972, 13 mins.
Questions for reflection and discussion:
Take turns in sharing and practicing your active listening.
- What is your favourite season?
- What do you like the most about playing outside? How does it make you feel?
- Imagine a place you would like to visit. How can you get there? What language do people speak? What would you be curious about to explore?
Explorations (L’envol) - Images
This event is organized in partnership with the National Film Board of Canada (NFB). Watch more films honouring the diversity of Canada’s Francophonie here: L’espace francophonie (ONF).
More about this event series
Celebrate Francophonie with acclaimed thought‐provoking and fun films for all ages!