Booking for school programs opens August 15, 2016. Book early to avoid disappointment!
Many of our school programs engage students in celebrating Canada’s 150th anniversary of Confederation by exploring the themes of reconciliation, diversity and inclusion, environment and youth.
Our school programs are curriculum-based, age-appropriate, inclusive and accessible, using a diverse range of exhibits, activities and methods for exploration. Programs, including tours and workshops, are from 60 minutes to three hours long. They are offered mornings and afternoons from Tuesday to Friday until May 28, 2017, and from Monday to Friday May 29 to June 30, 2017 (the Museum is closed Mondays until May 28). Many of our 2016-2017 school programs engage students in celebrating Canada’s 150th anniversary, exploring the Canada 150 themes of Reconciliation, Inclusion & Diversity, Environment, and Youth.
The following school programs are available for the 2016-17 school year, starting October 5, 2016:
- My Rights, Our Rights (K-4)
- Be an Upstander (Grades 5-8)
- Perspectives on Human Rights in Canada (Grades 5-12)
- First Peoples’ Rights in a Changing Canada (Grades 7-12)
- When Rights are Denied (Grades 9-12)
- Debating Rights (Grades 9-12)
- Women’s Equality (Grades 11-12) NEW!
- 1867: Rebellion & Confederation (Grades 5-12) FREE MINI-PROGRAM!
- Museum Highlights Tour for Schools (Grades 5-8)
- Museum Highlights Tour for Schools (Grades 9-12)
- Self-guided Museum Tour for Schools (Grades 9-12)
These new programs are available starting January 2017:
- Telling Our Stories: Residential Schools (Grades 4-6) NEW!
- Rights and Indigenous Peoples in Canada (Grades 7-12) NEW!
Please note: Our school programs do not include a visit to the Israel Asper Tower of Hope or to the Level 1 Gallery. However, your $5 per student school booking rate includes the school program of your choice plus one hour on your own to visit the Israel Asper Tower of Hope, other galleries, or the Museum Boutique.
2017-02-26 12:00 to 16:00
2017-03-05 12:00 to 16:00
2017-03-12 12:00 to 16:00
2017-03-19 12:00 to 16:00
2017-03-26 12:00 to 16:00